If you are unsure of the type of Spikes you require you can email us a picture and a short description and we can establish the type you require!
You can also call and speak with one of our PGA Professional experts and we will only be too glad to help! 01952 743038
We do prefer an email though. To ensure the correct thread is selected please email a picture of your current style and thread (Top - Side and Base View would be great!)
Our email address is sales 'at' golfspikesdirect.co.uk (replace 'at' with @) and ensure you choose .co.uk not .com!
The charts and information below will guide you to choosing the correct thread/insert system for your golf shoes
Note that the New 'FT3' thread has been designed to fit all 'Fast Twist' 'Tri Lok' and 'Tour Lok' and 'Slim Lok' threads (however some of the much older fast twist threads may need a much deeper thread pattern and we know that FJ winter boots still use that very old thread pattern) but in nearly all cases FT3 will be the correct choice of replacement for Fast Twist.
Please read the complete guide and view the charts to establish the thread/insert pattern you require. This also gives you information on the technology and design that is currently used.
Insert Systems refers to the type of receptacle found on the bottom of your shoe. The Insert System determines the type of cleat that will fit your shoe. Different manufacturers use different types of receptacles, so it's important to be able to match the right cleat to the right Insert System.
Currently, there are 9 different branded receptacles on the market, with several being cross- or backward-compatible. The guide below shows the difference between each system. Once you've identified the type of receptacle on your shoe, use our Cleat Replacement Guide to find the cleats that you need.
Please look through the charts below to find the correct spike for your shoes. Please note some manufacturers changed their fittings so the charts show as far back as 2000. If you are unsure just drop us a call or email with an image and we will respond quickly with a link to the best replacements based on the information you provide.
• The most advanced insert system on the market.
• Lower profile for better comfort.
• OEM system used in a large number of golf shoes.
• Cross-compatible with Tour Lock™ and Slim-LOK®
• FT3 cleats will fit Fast Twist® or Tri-LOK® insert systems
• Fast Twist 3.0 cleats come in packs of 18 cleats
* Fast Twist 3.0 was previously branded as Tour Lock™
• Compatible with Fast Twist® & Tri-LOK® insert systems.
• Will accept cleats with FT3 and/or Tour Lock™ design.
• Slim-LOK cleats come in packs of 18 cleats
• One of the most popular insert systems of the past
• First 3-click insert system
• Locking posts secure the cleat in the shoe
• Fast Twist cleats come in packs of 18 cleats
• Introduced in 2008
• Found in a wide range of golf shoes usually, Adidas - Callaway & Skechers (not all)
• Lower Profile than previous systems
• PINS cleats come in packs of 20 cleats
• Triangular locking system
• Found mostly on Nike shoes prior to 2013 but check the pattern matches prior to ordering to be sure.
• Created as an alternative to threaded inserts
• One turn, one click
• Q-LOK cleats come in packs of 18 cleats
• Found in a wide range of shoes
• Threaded twist insertion
• Small Metal Thread cleats come in packs of 22 cleats
• Threaded twist insertion
• Found mostly on older shoes
• Oldest form of insert system
• Large Plastic Thread cleats come in packs of 22 cleats